Re: [OM] OM = Nikon = Canon ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM = Nikon = Canon ?
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:42:05 EDT

<< This is generally well known. You might check the archives for more. Don't
 know about the Canon, but I'm sure it is true of the OM2000 and FM10.
 Cosina makes good cameras. The OM2000 (not having handled one) sounds like
 it is featured somewhat more like a Nikon FM2 (which I own) than an OM-1 --
 meters similarly, winding lever activates meter and pokes left-eyed users
 in the schnoz.

 Good thing about it is it takes Zuiko lenses. It's weak tea for those
 craving an OM5. Can't take a winder or screens. No mirror lockup (shudder).
  For what it is, it seems reportedly to be a good camera.

True enough,  No winder or interchangeable screens, But, it does have spot
metering and - where else can you get this - double exposure capability.
The camera has a good look and a good feel from playing at the local camera
store.
Ed