Re: [OM] OM1n Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n Problem
From: "Bob Sull" <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:35:09 -0400
                   ////////
                  (  o o  )
  ---73, Bob---oooO---O---Oooo---w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx---------------
  What is the speed of dark?

----------
> From: George Sears <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n Problem
> Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 12:41 PM
>
> Ahhh, Mr. Wizard has done it again. ;-)
>
> Thanks John,
> geo2
>

> At 09:38 AM 9/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >With the shutter unwound, turn the camera upside down and lightly tap
the
> >release button.  You  should have about .5mm (1/2mm) play before the
button
> >hits the release shaft.  Turn screw down until you get that.
> >The only fix to keep screw from turning by itself is removing top and
> applying
> >locktite to the screw.
>
> >John
> >http://www.zuiko.com

Use BLUE locktite.  Not the red!  If you use a miniscule amount of BLUE
locktite, like a drop off the end of a needle, you will have a chance of
getting the screw out if you ever need to.  The red stuff will make it
unmoveable.....  (The BLUE is what is used on Disc Brakes)

Another possibility is what we used to use way back before blue locktite
was available, nail polish.  Just as the old Bryl Cream ads said, "a litte
dab will do ya"

Bob