Re: [OM] OM Astro Adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Astro Adapter
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:31:25 -0400
Bill Rice wrote:
>Michael asked:
>>What does the Olympus "astroscope adapter"
>actually do?  That is, what kind of eyepiece tube, or whatever, does it
>presume your telescope has?  I've never seen one.<
>In addition to Paul?s post, I have the following information from an OLY
sales
>sheet for the Astroscope adapter:
>It consists of 5 pieces, the camera mount (allows the use of 49mm filters!),
>telescope adapter ring (silver), magnifying tube (has OM logo on it) ,
>eyepiece holder (fits inside mag. tube), and reverse ring.  For prime focus
>photography, you only use the camera mount and the adapter (36.5mm dia.
>threads).  For eyepiece projection, the eyepiece holder will holder will fit
>only 0.96" eyepieces. :-((  The reverse ring is another adapter if your scope
>has 0.75mm pitch threads.
>I have no idea of the current price.  A 1990 price list pegs the suggested
>list @ $310 USD.
The current Japanese list price is 19,500 yen.  The exchange rate today is
141.85 yen to the dollar.  Therefore the OM Mount Astroscope Adapter would
be about $138 or less in Japan.

BTW, the discontinued Recordata Back 4 had an identical price tag.  I think
B&H sells it at $184.95.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx