Re: [OM] OM Astro Adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Astro Adapter
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:25:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/98 7:18:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
covington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Tomoko or anybody that knows:  What does the Olympus "astroscope adapter"
 actually do?  That is, what kind of eyepiece tube, or whatever, does it
 presume your telescope has?  I've never seen one.  The usual way to put an
 OM on a telescope is to use a T-adapter plus a T-mount adapter made by the
 telescope manufacturer -- of which I have several kinds for various
 telescopes. >>

In the pictures I've seen of the OM adapter, it looks just like the one I got
from Orion (I think) years ago. Three pieces, one a T-adapter with OM-mount, a
piece with a T-thread that fits in a 1-1/4" (I presume) eyepiece holder, and a
third piece which holds an eyepiece with a set screw that has T threads at
each end and can be put between the two others. This is based on photos I've
seen only.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI