Re: [OM] Which camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/98 9:57:34 AM Central Daylight Time, fmork@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Now, even though the EOS (or Nikon or whatever) might provide a lot of
 nice features, I find that I use my OM-2 more and more. As a matter of
 fact I tend to use my EOS only for shooting bird and wildlife. Nearly
 all other subjects goes through the OM body.

 Somebody said something like 'if you learn to take good pictures of
 your favourite subject with the limited equipment you have, when you
 get the 'real' equipment, it will really make a difference'. >>

      I used EOS equipment for a number of years when I did the
photojournalism gig. Had a couple of EOS 1n bodies and a bunch of lenses. The
motor drives and long lenses and autofocus were an asset for that kind of
shooting. I noticed, though, that the more sophisticated the equipment I was
using became, the less satisfied I was with the photos I was producing. It
became so easy to produce technically good photos that the psychological value
I placed on each image dropped. It took me quiet a while, though, to reach
this understanding of why I was producing photos that were dissapointing to
me.
       So I sold all that stuff and went back to manual cameras - built in
metering but nothing else. I began to enjoy taking pictures again and found I
spent time with each image rather than blasting off 10 or 15 perfectly exposed
but boring images. And I'm much more satisfied with the quality of my work,
too.

   Just my two cents.

Jim