Re: [OM] dedicated flash for OM2s

Subject: Re: [OM] dedicated flash for OM2s
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:58:37 -0800
RedBoy 99 wrote:

>Looking for an independant manufacturer's dedicated unit for my OM2s.
>Preferably something with a guide number in the neighborhood of 100
>(feet). I would like to use it for my OM10 also, so it needs to have
>good normal-auto function as well (multiple auto apetures, etc). Anyone
>know of such a beast? Suggestions?

Take a good look at Sunpak 433D. You can get it with OM/TTL dedication,
and variants are available for almost every camera make and model.
It swivels and bounces, has GN of 120, variable power output from full
to 1/16, and in my experience, is very reliable. Coverage w/o adapters
is only 35mm (T-32 gives you 24mm!), but Sunpak offers a full range of
flash accessories.

The 433D is still available new -- one of the longest in continuous
production.  Used ones are quite common, and typically sell for $50-70.

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx