Re: [OM] "The Olympus OM Way"

Subject: Re: [OM] "The Olympus OM Way"
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:06:07 EDT
Hi Craig:

> Seems to me $40-50 would be more like it.

That is the going price on The Hasselblad Way and The Leica Way from the 70's.
Even the excellent 15th edition of The Leica Manual only runs about $69.  So I
would say you are in the ballpark assuming that The Olympus Way sold as many
copies.  But can we assume that???

I've not found any copies among used photo book vendors (who are unlikely to
be included in book searchs?), although I did find the 1984 edition of The
Olympus OM System Lens Handbook for $39 - a buy given the recent prices
reported here.  Maybe Denton should go down to Strand's in SoHo and see if he
can gather a bundle of Olympus Way's there?

Now, if only my copy of Jacob's Olympus OM Camera Manual were worth something.
It's a sorry book if there ever was one.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV