Re: [OM] Montreal used equipment source

Subject: Re: [OM] Montreal used equipment source
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:28:59 -0700
Surprise thread!

I actually meant vs Boston.  Yes, I have heard (and forgot) the very
positive news about the crime rate in New York taking a big dive since
Dinkins hit the road and a Republican took over.  Good going, Guiliani and
my apologies to all you safe-at-home New Yorkers.

As for Boston, I spent 3 days and nites there 2 weeks ago.  It was a
pleasure to see that city so vibrant. Full of tourists and shoppers all day
and nite.  Very secure feeling walking the streets and taking the T. Boston
cracked down on crime too and it is paying off.

OM content: used my (new-to-me) 28-48 Zuiko quite a bit walking around the
city.  We saw and photographed fireworks celebrating the 200th birthday of
the USS Constitution, and photo'd the ship itself under lights at nite (with
4x5). Was able to get aboard an Argentine Navy tall ship which had sailed in
to join the celebration. Wife and daughter and I crawled over that 4(? I
think)-masted beauty til midnight.  I got a nice symmetry shot of sails and
mast at nite with the 28-48 and with a 4x5 wide angle.

george