Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:07:36 +0200
Morgan Sparks wrote:

> As the original poster of the problem, let me clarify:
>
> The problem is the winder not going through the full cycle.  The shutter
> fires, and the mirror returns; the winder will not advance the film
> beyond that.  It requires a second shutter trigger to advance the film.
> This second "shutter release" will not make an exposure, but transports
> film only. . . . finishing the job it should have completed last time.
>
> John H. assigned this bug to the placement of the winder/motor switches
> under the baseplate.  But I may have an unrelated additional problem:
> Often the winder will only advance the film a little on each subsequent
> try. In fact I may have to push the shutter several times to get the
> next frame fully advanced (Maddening!)  Can it be related to the
> tightness I've always felt in the 2S advance, especially towards the end
> of a roll?  Nothing like the smoothness of the OM-1.  The problem is
> indeed specific to this body, since I have 2 winders that behave like
> this on the 2S, but work great on the OM-1.
>
> Still. . . . . I LOVE this camera.
>
> Morgan Sparks

I have had a similar problem with an OM-1. In my case the winder
was generally erratic and would often do just as you have described:
trip the shutter, but fail to wind the film or just wind part of the
way. That problem turned out to be caused by a little dirt on a switch
behind the bottom cover of the camera.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"