Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:45:18 +1000
>I would guess your hypothesis about the tightness of the shutter advance
>mechanism is probably correct. BTW my OM-2S shutter advance track is also
>much stiffer than my OM-1's, although it still works fine with a winder.
>Yours is perhaps a cautionary tale.

At one stage my 2SP would not advance the film. The number advanced, the
shutter cocked, but the film did not take up. Tried the same film in  the
1n, all OK. It seemed the clutch on the film canister side was a bit loose.
Not much later the advance failed all together and required replacement.
Cost approx $300 Australian. But seeing as I picked up this body for a song,
I was still happy.

Foxy