Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 22:14:43 -0400
As the original poster of the problem, let me clarify:

The problem is the winder not going through the full cycle.  The shutter
fires, and the mirror returns; the winder will not advance the film
beyond that.  It requires a second shutter trigger to advance the film.
This second "shutter release" will not make an exposure, but transports
film only. . . . finishing the job it should have completed last time.

John H. assigned this bug to the placement of the winder/motor switches
under the baseplate.  But I may have an unrelated additional problem:
Often the winder will only advance the film a little on each subsequent
try. In fact I may have to push the shutter several times to get the
next frame fully advanced (Maddening!)  Can it be related to the
tightness I've always felt in the 2S advance, especially towards the end
of a roll?  Nothing like the smoothness of the OM-1.  The problem is
indeed specific to this body, since I have 2 winders that behave like
this on the 2S, but work great on the OM-1.

Still. . . . . I LOVE this camera.

Morgan Sparks