Re: [OM] 35-70 or so zoom, SUV

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70 or so zoom, SUV
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:36:55 +0100
>Oh, Patrick, what influx of opinions you are about to infuse on the list
>about this subject--again.  Without belaboring (or is it blaboring) the
>subject too much...
>
>My 35-70/2.8  has replaced a 35/2.8 and 50/1.4.  Mine is extremely sharp (at
>16x20 the resolution exceeded the film grain), and the flat-fieldness is
>decent for macro work.  With a de-elemented tele-converter (stay tuned for
>the conclusion to the saga--which is waiting for the results from the lab),
>I can get down below 1:1.
>
>Standard kit right now is 24/2.8, 35-70/2.8, 100/2.8,  200/2.8.  Oh, sorry,
>but my zoom is not a Zuiko.
>
>Ken N.

But is the "200/2.8" a Zuiko either?

Patrick, some of us on the List (well at least 2!) like the little, light
35-70/3.5~4.5 which also has a "Close Focus" setting.  It may not have the
performance numbers of the 35-70/3.6, but it works well and is compact
enough to go anywhere!  I have shunned mine for some months now, since I'm
on a small prime jag at present (40/2).

Chris

"The man who lives in the past is blind in one eye but the man who forgets
it is blind in both." Solzhenitsyn.