Re: [OM] Small tip - Restoration of rear lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Small tip - Restoration of rear lens caps
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 13:45:32 -0800
On  1 Aug 98 at 18:28, vonstahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> After using rear lens caps for some time they tend to not be able to attach
> firmly to the lens any more, which is due to that the three plastic pieces
> located inside the cap and which go along the edge of the cap, have been
> worn down.

Thanks - I'll have to try this. Two of my rear caps are now suffering from this
condition.

One note to those shopping at used stores - I notice that rarely do Zuikos for
sale have the correct caps installed on them. When I bought my 85 f2 I asked if
I could scrounge for caps and a decent UV filter in their used box, and swap
them with the cheapo caps. I managed to find several complete sets of Oly caps
in the box, which makes me wonder if they don't pull them off the lenses as
they come in, hoping to sell them for $5 a piece...