Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:24:02 -0500 (CDT)
>>Do not assume all hands are equally reflective. Buy or borrow an 18ard
>>and calibrate your hand, so you know what the correction is.
>

>I'm a bit confused here.  Why is it that we are extolling the virtues of
>hand reflectance when it is such a variable thing.  Granted, most of us have
>two of them that travel just about everywhere we do, but reflectance varies
>so much depending on sweat, angle, tan/sunburn, etc.  I can never get the
>same measurement twice.  John Shaw gripes about 18 0ray cards being
>inaccurate because sometimes they can be "shiny" but then praises his hands
>which are completely variable.  What am I missing?  Is this some new logic
>brought to us by the tiny Spacemen?
>
>Ken N.

Because, Ken, hands are...handy.  And there is not much variation in the
palm of your hand, unless it is dirty or you are a changeling. The back of
your hand may tan a lot, but not usually the palm because of the lack of
melanin there. But like Doris says, calibrate it with a gray card. Oh, and
wipe the sweat off, its not good for your camera. :-)

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx