Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:47, "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Or if you are in the same light, meter your own skin. I open up one stop as
>my hand is 1 stop brighter than 18 0rey.

>Foxy

Now I am a little confused by the "terminology".  If your hand is 1 stop
"brighter" than 18 0rey, then shouldn't you "close" down one stop to
compensate (i.e., get back to the 18 0rey measurement) instead of "open"
up one stop?  It seems to me that if you measure against your hand which
is 1 stop brighter AND you open up one stop from that measurement, you
will be over exposing (by 2 stops).

Or, possibly by "open up" you mean to change the aperture up to a higher
number, which is actually closing down the aperture?  Can someone help
me out here and explain the terminology?
        -Dan