Re: [OM] Experience with Olympus America

Subject: Re: [OM] Experience with Olympus America
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:58:45 -0400
I was told that if the customer sent the lens in and paid for the repair, a new
element would be installed (probably taken out of a new 90 f2).  They certainly
weren't going to penalize the customer in this situation, and the last thing
they would do is return the lens undone.
BTW, I checked my LC list last night and found that  I have front elements for
the 24mm f2.8 in stock in very limited quantities.  Price is $22 ea. + $5
shipping.
The tough question is: which 24 do you have? Each has a different front
element.  Type one (oldest type, perhaps with silver edged filter ring). Type 2
may be marked MC (I am not sure of this) or newer type?
The wrong element might actually fit either version but it may compromise
performance .

John
Camtech