Re: [OM] Documentation Update

Subject: Re: [OM] Documentation Update
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:51:17 +0200
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I've already received a few documentation inventories from list members.
> Thanks to everyone who has sent so far, and to those of you who have
> volunteered resources for this project (web space, scanning, etc...). With
> just the little bit of data I've received so far, I've already noticed
> something a few of you may find interesting. There are at least two English
> versions of the OM-2 instruction manual, with date codes two months apart.
> One, dated 0977 is a 79 page manual, the other dated 1177 is an 84 page
> manual. Any ideas as to what would have been changed in those two months?
> Perhaps one is a US manual, the other international? I suspect even more
> interesting might be the data sheets which come with the Zuiko lenses, and how
> they might have been changed over the years.
>
> Just thought this was interesting.
>
> Paul Schings
> Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
>
> P.S. Once again, anyone who would like to participate in this project, please
> e-mail me what documentation you have, including the date codes (usually found
> at the bottom of the back cover) and number of pages in the manual.

One partial explanation is if one included the unnumbered cover
pages, the other did not. There may be variants. My manuals for
the OM-2n are 102 pages in English and 104 in Danish (including
the covers.) I got both when I bought the camera.

The Zuiko data sheets are unfortunately rather brief. There is
a bit more text than in the Zuiko interchangeable lenses group
manual, but not much in technical terms, apart from the DOF tables.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"