Re: [OM] Why Oly is in a hole / screens & 280 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Oly is in a hole / screens & 280 flash
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 12:19:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/98 12:31:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Yes, these are excellent examples. I'll be interested in your test results.
If
 they work out, does this mean one could take a spot reading on the background
 with a 4T, then set the manual shutter speed for 2 stops under, then use the
 F280 to properly expose the the foreground? This is the sort of thing I would
 like to have, but I thought someone said that the F280 goes to full power
when
 used with the 4-T in manual mode? (much like the T-20 does if left in TTL
 mode).
 Confused...
 Shawn Wright >>

Hi Shawn,
You are not "Confused" alone.  I am still wrestling with this myself.
Although I think I am starting to get a grasp.  But still a long way to
understanding.  I is worthwhile to check out Paul F's recommendation @
rit.edu/~andpph/text-streak.html  This explains the function of the 280 very
well.  What I want to come up with is a simple formula or chart like Paul came
up with that I can use for daylight fill in manual mode.
BW