Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN
From: "John Petrush" <jfp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 23:30:05 -0400
I'd begin and end with the macros, 50 and 90 f/2's first, then the 20 and 38
twins, followed by the 135 and 80 bellows macros.  To my knowledge no other
maker has as complete and fine a macro lineup.  As I think about it, all the
other makers and most of the independents cover the rest of the range pretty
well.  I don't think the shifts, beyond their collector value, are unique.
That honor appears to be Canon's.  High speed super-teles one has an
outstanding selection - provided one has enough wallet!  The super wides I
don't know enough about.  But for serious macro Oly is far enough out front
to justify maintaining two different systems.

John P

Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx> posed the question in a slightly different
way......