Re: [OM] Used Market Cycle

Subject: Re: [OM] Used Market Cycle
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 23:20:38 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/1998 7:10:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, wincros@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I have noticed that the used photgraphic equipment dealers who had lots of
>  listings of interesting Oly stuff a few months ago do not have much listed
>  right now.

Hi Winsor:

NOTE: The following is rumor mongering:

Maybe Paul VT has bought it all up?  :-)

Maybe we have some lurkers here who are taking our accolaides on the OM System
both to heart and the market and are hording stock.

Remember a posting by Paul in which he said dealers are holding back stock in
expectation of appreciated prices?  But that is when Olympus America raised
domestic prices.  But now that grey market prices have remained constant, it
wouldn't have been a wise move financially.

Maybe first time OM200 buyers are needing used lenses.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV