Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:56:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, The Family wrote:

> I liked what I saw before this happened, both in the woods and on print but
> what an act to follow.  It took a year to produce another strikingly good
> near-equal print.  It was truly beginners luck, combined with all the right
> technical stuff:  sharp film, heavy tripod for such a small camera/lens,
> mirror lock-up and timer release, no wind, and the Zuiko prime stopped down
> to its sweet spot, lens hood and clean glass.

  Beginner's luck is the way the Muses seduce us, simultaneous gift,
curse and blessing. Isn't it funny, how beginner's luck happens in
almost every human endeavor ? Maybe it's because as Aristotle thought
knowledge is innate, and all we have to do is to recall it. Maybe it's
because as beginners we had nothing to lose, no ego, no preconceived
ideas, knew no better, and for a golden moment(s) we could see with a
clarity we would not see with again for years.

                                 *= Doris Fang =*