Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:25:03 EDT
Hi BW:

> Anyone know of some good books or tapes on Composition?

The Kodak Workshop Series has a paperbound one called" The Art of Seeing."

Since seeing photographically is critical to composition, I have used in my
courses Feininger's classic "The Complete Photographer,"  specifically the
section titled "What are the differences between the eye and the camera."
There is some fine writing in the older camera literature - before the days
when folks gravitated towards picture books with photo examples and limited
text.  Authors had to make their words speak better when photo reproductions
were more limited.  Having said that, I do admit to presenting Feininger's 15
differences with photos from my own collection.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV