Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:43:51 EDT
Hi John,
Don't feel alone.  I have been trying to work on this myself.  I usually get
my wife to evaluate my slides.  Most of the time I do not "see" what she sees.
When we go to an arts & craft show, I head for the photography booths and pick
out my favorites and then ask her to pick out hers and then tell my what she
likes about them and why.  I have watched John Shaws tapes on "Composition"
part 1 & 2.  I must warn you, they will put you to sleep.  I have had to force
myself to try and make it through them.  But, they do have some good info.
Basically, John says, good composition can be learned and it is a myth that
"artistic composition" is inherited.  Well, we will see in about 45 more
years!
John's latest book on "Landscape Photography" deals alot in chapter 5 in what
he calls Photo-Graphics.
Good luck.
BW
Ps,  Anyone know of some good books or tapes on Composition?

In a message dated 7/14/98 8:04:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,