Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:59:59 -0700
Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:
>The 3Ti came out in 1995.  The 35-80 zoom came out in the same year
according to to the FAQ at:
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html

[snip}
>It is still 1998, John Austin and other pessimists!

Hi Tomoko,

Actually I think you would agree that the 3Ti was not a new camera, but was
a marginal improvement on the 3 which came out over ten years ago. The 35-80
was actually announced in 1994. 1998 - 1994 is four years. Four years is
"almost five years". However, you win this round on tenacity alone. :-)
Game, set, match, to Tomoko.

Joke overheard: "If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around
to hear him, is he still wrong?"

By the way, enjoy your trip to Scotland and bring back some great photos
with those "antique" OMs. I'm jealous and wish I were going too.
Unfortunately the only way I can carry a tune is in my pocket. Have a great
time.

Regards,
John Austin