Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 22:27:10 EDT
Hi folks:

> And, there must be a pawnshop price guide with a really inflated view of
>  the OM-10 since they all have them badly overpriced.

Don't apply logic to pawn shop pricing!  They are, for the most part, rather
clueless about equipment values.  Like I've said many times, the stuff you see
sitting on shelves more than a day or two are their loan and/or shelf pricing
mistakes.

Leave them an offer and contact number on something that they won't barter on.
If they get itchy for sales (like they haven't reached a monthly sales goal),
they might call you.  If someone else gets it, figure the buyer is probably a
sucker and be glad it wasn't you.

And do be sure to test things out before you buy.  In the excitement of
finding something you need you might get sloppy and overlook something.  The
OLY FAQ gives guides to examining equipment.  I bring in spare batteries and
MR-9 adapters, spot meter (or second camera), grey cards, winders, flash, and
a lens if the item is only a body.  If the FAQ don't already list it, be sure
to check the infinity focus!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV