Re: [OM] re: Pan-X / Tech Pan

Subject: Re: [OM] re: Pan-X / Tech Pan
From: "John Petrush" <jfp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:12:49 -0400
I'll quote the "Choosing Kodak B&W Films" section from the Kodal
Professional Photographic Catalog.

"For applications when high-definition records are required.  Suitable for
making high-quality enlargements at magnifications of 25x or even 50x;
making continuous-tone originals or copy negatives; making black-and-white
reverse-text and title slides; and personal microfilming.  Micro fine or
extremely fine grain (depending on developer), extremely high resolving
power.  Variable contrast, extended red sensivity, used for copying faded
originals."

I'm not sure this means its any good for portrait work or not.  My guess is
you can make it work with some experimentation in contrast control.  I no
nothing about Ilford's B&W products, so I have nothing to compare to.

John P