[OM] Was: List etiquette question - fs posts?

Subject: [OM] Was: List etiquette question - fs posts?
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:16:35 -0500
I posted the question on For Sale posts a while back and got positive
no such thing as "excess OM gear".  Well, that's true, but my wife
disagrees, especially since I have wound up with three (count 'em!)
Zuicko 28 mm f/2.8 lenses.  Long story, but here goes.

My wife's former neighbors have an 18 year old son.  He's a great kid
and we like him a lot, especially since he compliments my photography.
I hired him to help me with some remodeling last year and he mentioned
that he would like to have a manual camera.  Well, high school
graduation was coming up in May, I got my first camera for a graduation
gift from a beloved uncle... Here's an excuse to buy some OM gear!

I called or hit every pawnshop in Tarrant County and made every camera
show for the next 6 months.  It was dry for a long time but then in
April, I started finding all kinds of OM gear.  I passed up some, a beat
up OM-1 with a 28/3.5 for instance, but bought all the clean gear I
found at good prices.  Eventually I assembled an OM kit including: a
chrome OM-2N (CLA'd after purchase, of course), a T-20, a pristine 28 mm
f/3.5 Zuicko in case with hood (hey,  he's an 18 year old kid with good
eyes, save the f/2.8's for us old guys), a 50 mm f/1.8, a Winder 2 (from
a camera show- kids like things that make noise), a clean non-Zuicko
80-210, and a mint Soligar 300 f/4.5 in case (I like the kid but I
didn't find a Zuicko 300 for under $450!).

Along the way, I bought 2 other OM-2Ns (one of them came with a 24
f/2.8! I'm keeping the 24), a black OM-1N with a 100 mm f/2.8 (!), 2-28
f/2.8s, a 200 f/4, a 135 f/3.5 (who wants a slow 135? It was REALLY
cheap and came with the T-20), and a T-32 I found after I presented the
gift. When the T-32 comes back from Photosphere (ready light out), I'll
swap him for the T-20 and offer the -20 for sale.

Look for the sale list separately. I would like to find appreciative
homes for all the extra gear and recover some investment.

Regards, Gary Edwards