Re:[OM] Other Problems with FILM

Subject: Re:[OM] Other Problems with FILM
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:53:07 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
George wrote:

>Everything I've read says they fade much quicker than Kodachrome even with
the
>best of processing. I've also read that Kodachrome fades a bit quicker when
>projected often.

I had heard that from the horses' mouth, so to speak.. in conversations
with Kodak.  Actually, that's one reason I've gotten a lot of use out of my
Olympus slide copier..  My husband often gives talks on Orchids, so I take
the Kodachrome slides and copy them onto Ektachrome and we use those for
projection.  They are apparently less apt to fade during projection!!  than
Kodachrome.

>Kodak has recently released Kodachrome 'mini-labs'. They should start
appearing
>at retail shops sometime soon?

???  do you have any more information about the 'mini-labs' George??  I
thought the process was so complicated (over 30 steps?) and the machinery
so expensive that is simply wasn't worth the effort for others to do the
processing.  If they are changing their formulation to make it easier to
develop.. will we lose the archival qualities that still sets it apart from
anyother film??  Is there someone from Kodak on this list that can answer
our pleas for info??

Thanks,
Kerry

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151