Re: [OM] Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:25:26 -0700
Brian E. Robinson wrote:

> What film is used the most by the members of this list? I have used
> Kodak, Konica, and Fuji. The guy who develops my film says use anything
> but 3M. I tend to prefer Kodak Royal Gold over anything Fuji makes. But
> frankly I haven't touched Fuji since a vacation three years ago when I
> shot Kodak and Fuji side by side and the Fuji looked like crap. Perhaps
> it was the photo shop I went to but I blamed it on Fuji.
>
> I sometimes like the looks of Konica but I know it isn't a great film.
>
> What do you use?

Hi Brian,

I use mostly Fuji negative from ISO 100-400 (SHG, SHGV.. few Reala due
to the price), the price of Fuji films here are cheaper and I found the
quality is not much differ from Kodak. For print film, the color and
contrast is controlled by the lab you use. For non custom prints, the
machine's auto exposure system will take care of the exposure, the
result will most likely differ from your expected.

And I found here different labs bear different characteristics. Fuji
labs' prints are higher in contrast, cooler and color enhanced. Kodak
labs' are normal contrast, slightly warm and normal color saturation.
Konica labs (I have tried one lab only) is lower contrast, slightly warm
and a bit wash out.

Want to have more control of your result? use slide!

C.H.Ling