Re: [OM] Quick Release systems and OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Release systems and OMs
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:23:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/98 6:24:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jchristy@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Anyone have any opinion on which tripod head quick release systems work the
 best with OM cameras?
 Regards,
 Jim Christy >>

Hi Jim,
I looked at nearly every system on the market a few years ago.  At first I
wanted to go with the Gitzo, even bought a new head.  But the Q.C. release is
on the wrong side, it interferes with the grip on the Winder or Motor drive.
The Kaiser looked great but does not have a wide range of bases, from what I
could see here in the U.S.  The Bogen (hexagon) was priced right, but it is
really big and I did not like it.  Researching all my Nature / Wildlife
photography books revealed the Arca Swiss / Kirk system is by far the most
popular.  So I chose it and have been very happy -- Except for the prices of
adding plates to all those little 1/4 X 20 holes.  Warning - count them
twice!!! I think they multiply!!
BW
Ps.  I almost forgot, I think Stroboframe has a nice Q.C. system and very
reasonable in price, but I think is a little on the light side.  I think they
made it mostly for flashes , etc.