Re: [OM] Agfa Digi-Prints from Slides

Subject: Re: [OM] Agfa Digi-Prints from Slides
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:21:03 +0200
Andrew Wiese wrote:

> They have mentioned to me that they can do prints from slides in-house,
> but the quality is not quite up to Ilfochrome level, with especially the
> whites being a little muddy.

AGFA Digiprint is defintly not on Ilfochrome level and limited to a max.
size of 20x30cm due to the limted resolution of the scan.
I haven´t noticed problems with the whites, but it´s printed on standard
print paper with his limited briliance, contrast.

> I assume it's possible to do prints from slides in the same way as labs
> do copies of prints (pos -> pos), but in this way, there's a definite
> drop in saturation and contrast, at least in my (limited)experience.

There are reversal paper for copies of slides. The problem with them is
the limited contrast they can reproduce, prints looking to hard with
missing details in the shadows.
Muddy whites may a result of poluted baths or the intermediated exposure
replaced by chemical reversing (inevadeable with machines).

Richard