[OM] Agfa Digi-Prints from Slides

Subject: [OM] Agfa Digi-Prints from Slides
From: "Andrew Wiese" <aw_oly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 17:21:17 PDT
I've lost the original post, but someone was enquiring about digital
prints from slides by Agfa.

One of my local photo developing places is an Agfa chain member which
does generally excellent work.  I have my slides developed and sometimes
printed -through- them, as they send away to a pro lab for b+w and slide
work.

They have mentioned to me that they can do prints from slides in-house,
but the quality is not quite up to Ilfochrome level, with especially the
whites being a little muddy.  I haven't actually tried this myself, as I
generally only select my best slides for printing, and I want all the
quality I can get.  I doubt this is exlusive here, as we in Australia
rarely get to see photographic innovations before they're available
overseas.

I assume it's possible to do prints from slides in the same way as labs
do copies of prints (pos -> pos), but in this way, there's a definite
drop in saturation and contrast, at least in my (limited)experience.

Regards

Andy