[OM] Help needed (OM-1 weird flares)!!

Subject: [OM] Help needed (OM-1 weird flares)!!
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:53:32 +0200
Hi all!

As I was scanning some infrared pics I`ve taken (Kodak HIE, OM-1, 28/3.5) I
discovered that all thos shots were flared. From the bottom of the shot,
there are several flares (5 that I could count) starting from the bottom
centre and extending outwards. Upon close examination of the paper copy, I
can barely make them out but they are extremely obvious when scanned
(unretrievable?).

This is not a problem with other films; there must be something about the
OM-1/HIE combo that doesn`t approve.
Or maybe it`s the ghost of the roadrunner I removed... ;-)

Seriously, I was hoping to use this camera as my main IR camera, and if
this is normal behaviour... ;-(

Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?

At least I don`t have a problem with dimples from a backplate.....

siri.

mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010 4635 fax: +47 9030 6420