Re: [OM] "blobs"

Subject: Re: [OM] "blobs"
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:49:28 +1000
Indeed!

  I'd like to gloat to all that I recently shot my first two rolls of
Ilford HP5,
developed them in a hand tank with dilute XTOL in my bathroom
and they came out great!

  I was very suprised how well my first foray into film developing
came out, given the primitive conditions and lack of experience.

  If you're too lazy to getting around to the library like me, you can
check out a few web sites that offer all sorts of useful advice about
film developing and printing, some of the ones I found useful:

<A HREF="http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~migol/photo/devframe.html";>The
Massive Dev Chart</A>
<A HREF="http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~migol/photo/links.html";>Darkroom
Meta-Index</A>
<A HREF="http://www.photogs.com/bwworld/index.html";>Black and White
World</A>
<A HREF="http://echo.sound.net/~lanoue/dir.html";>Darkroom On-Line
Directory</A>
<A
HREF="http://www.kodak.com/ciHome/education/lessonPlans/darkroom/index.shtm
l">KODAK: Teaching Basic Darkroom Techniques</A>
<A
HREF="http://www.kodak.com/country/US/en/consumer/pictureTaking/filmDevelop
ing/dkroomDsgn/dkroomDsgnContents.shtml">KODAK: Darkroom Design for Amateur
 Photographers</A>
<A HREF="http://www.landmine.com/photosearch/darkroom.htm";>photo.search |
Darkroom</A>
<A HREF="http://www.cicada.com/pub/photo/zs/";>Zone System: Welcome</A>
<A HREF="http://www.chris-iris.com/funfilm.shtml";>Fun with Film</A>
<A HREF="http://www.open.org/hughesa/dkroom.htm";>Andys Photo Darkroom</A>

have fun out there!

  duncan

You write that you use Tmax 400. Most labs do not do much B&W these days,
so they do not have the machines for automatic processing. Instead someone
gets to do the job by hand, apparantly not too well, so I suggest you
take care of the film development yourself. It's not hard, but you need a
little equipment. Check out the local library for some book(s) on darkroom
work if you are interested.