Re: [OM] Hasselblad to launch 35mm camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad to launch 35mm camera
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:29:56 +0200
Paul Haigney wrote:

> Greetings All
> While reading a Hasselblad mailing list over the last few days a very
> interesting thread has emerged, it seems Hasselblad are rumoured to be
> unveiling a new 35mm camera at photokina.
> The members on the hassey list think it will have all the latest wiz
> bang's but also fully manual.

I´ve seen once an advertising of Hasselblad in praise of the 6x6 format:

"The cameras, we will never build"

It showed the familar Hasselblad cube in several different sizes. From
one cute pocket format Hassi, over 35mm and 4x4 bodys to 6x7 and LF
Hasselblads.

So maybe Hasselblad has changed his mind or it was just another NG
rumour.

Denton Taylor wrote:

> >>Imagine a Hasselblad with a Zuiko lens.>>
>
> While some 200 folk in the world might applaud, I hardly think it would do
> much for the Hasselblad mystique. It would probably lead to alot of bad
> jokes. This is of course irrespective of the merit of the idea!

Maybe there are already Hassis with Zuikos atached. In an German or
Swiss photo mag I read an notice of the cooperation of Olympus with
Hasselblad, Olympus providing Macro gear and lenses for Hasselblad
cameras.

Olympus has a very good reputation for macro, close-up and micro
photography, the profesional in this field and member of this list will
know better.

The problem is, that C*n*n, N*k*n likes to make you belief (with certain
succes) that they are the only pro camera maker. Actualy there are many
pro pictures taken with other cameras. Think about Sebastian Salgados
M6, quite a different camera to the F5. An EOS for macro is a joke, I
wouldn´t buy an C*n*ax for macro neither.

Richard