[OM] OM-2000 modification

Subject: [OM] OM-2000 modification
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:03:09 GMT
I have recently acquired a like new OM-2000.
A UK dealer had one for sale as a set (body + both new zooms and the
S-20 flashgun, all with cases) at the competitive price of UKP190
($315), so I couldn't resist the Zuikoholic temptation.

I have played with it, and although it doesn't have the real
OM-feeling the camera is rather nice indeed.
But one thing is most irritating. The shutter (and the metering
device) are blocked if the winder (after winding to the next frame) is
pushed back completely along the body, as normally done with all other
OM-cameras.
After winding you will have to keep the winding lever in a 30-40
degree angle to the camera back, sticking precisely into my right eye
(I use my left eye for focusing) or hooking itself behind my glasses.

I wonder if it is possible to modify the shutter - e.g. by removing
the parts which cause the blocking when the winding lever is sitting
flat against the back of the camera body.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL