Re: [OM] Lens mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens mount
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:06:56 EDT

<<  have a problem with the rear mount of a large Zuiko lens - it sometimes
 does not lock correctly on to my 1.4x extender and I am a little worried
 about them slipping apart and either lens or camera hitting the deck when I
 am moving the combination on a tripod.  >>
Did you check to see that the spring pushing up the detent is strong enough?
There is a metal lever type of spring that pushes the lens lock cam into
place. On my 135/3.5 I had to take it apart and epoxy it back into place.
The other possible problem is alignment, which is controlled by the stop screw
(about 7 pm as you look at the back of the lens).  Make sure its' not bent or
misaligned.  It might be preventing your lens from turning far enough for the
lens mount lock to actuate.  If you unscrew this screw, your lens should
continue to rotate as you mount it and the lens release button is held down
and if it does click into place, there the stop screw may have to be filed
down to allow the lens to turn.

Warren Kato