Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:06:09 +0000
Marko is right.

I am a relative shrimp on the human scale (roughly 63Kg) and I have
no problem hand holding the 180mm f2, In fact this is how I use
it the most.  The thing that makes it easier than you might think
is the carrying handle/tripod mount.  When shooting, this sits
naturaly in the palm of the left hand while your fingers are free to
operate the focusing ring which has a very light but precise action.
One can also rest the carrying handle on things for support, I
sometimes sit and rest my elbow on my knee.  When you are not actualy
shooting, the lens/camera combo can be easily carried about slung by
this handle.

 Attach the 1.4x TC and you have a hand holdable 250mm f2.8.  The
performance with the TC is outstanding and is better than the 300mm
f4.5, however that extra 50mm can make a difference and the 1.4x TC
on the 300mm is also a great combo so for me the 180mm + TC does not
supplant the 300 f4.5, it is just another option.

Giles