Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:30:03 +0200

mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx wrote:

> I guess that it's possible to measure the difference in the 2-4
> screen-equipped-OM-2's meter reading against a Known Good Light Meter (we
> all have one of those laying around, right??) off of, say, a gray card, and
> dial in an appropriate ISO compensation.  Has anyone tried this?

Yup,
though I didn't use an external light meter but the same body and lens
under the same (artificial) light conditions. The difference would have
produced 0.5 to 1 stop underexposure using the manual mode of my OM-2
(pre'78). The difference is not constant, depending on the position of
the lightsource(s) in the frame. But then, I'm in the auto mode most of
the time and the exposure correction dial gets a lot of use.
BTW, I found that light entering the viewfinder from the rear produces a
MUCH larger differences between indicated and 'true' exposure times.
An eye-cup might help, but I'm wearing glasses and haven't found the
right cup/lens combo on the used market yet. Anyone with a cup/-2lens
FS?

Cheers,
Soenke, Hamburg