Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:40:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/98 4:41:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, denton@xxxxxxxx
writes:
<< >>I picked up a Beattie screen for my 2N, based on the salesperson's
 opinion that it would have only a minor effect on my metering. When I got
 it home and did some testing, I found out that our conception's of the term
 "minor" varies somewhat-the meter was underexposing by a full 2 stops. >>
 Strange. I used it on my OM4 with no discernable difference. MAybe the 2n
 and 4 meter differently...Regards,Denton Taylor >>

Hi All,
I have been wondering if someone was going to run into this problem with the
Beattie or the OM 2-13 or 2-4 screens in OM1 & 2's.  Shipman advises we should
not use the OM 1-5,6, or 7 in OM1 or 2' s in manual because of the difference
in how they meter ref. pg. 66 1987 ed.  I would think the same applies to
useing the new OM & Beattie's.
BW