Re: [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:34:12 +1000
>John Shaw in his books talks at length about this. His four N*k*n F4 bodies
>all have to be set to different ASA/ISO settings with the same film to
>produce identical results. He encourages users to test each of their
cameras
>to determine the amount of meter error.
>
>Regards,
>John Austin
>Oakland, CA

Yet interestingly he has changed his method of determining this. In the
first book of his I got it was "set to sunny 16". Make the meter read sunny
16 and scale from there. Later on he changed to do a test strip an pick the
tonality you prefer. Different things.

Ironically, my OM-1n generally reads sunny 16 (sometimes not, but that's
probably operator error) and I'm happy shooting at the films ASA.

Regarding the variationin his bodies, I wonder what batteries he was using?

Foxy