Re: Calibrating film (was [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes)

Subject: Re: Calibrating film (was [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes)
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 07:03:31 -0400

>    For B+W, since the final output will be a print, you should calibrate
> your whole exposure/developing/exposure/printing system to give
> you base+fog whites and as many film stops as you want to fit in
> to Dmax paper black.
>
> as always, imho.
>
>      duncan

duncan,

this is exactly what fred picker says. calibration not only involves your
camera but your whole system. from the camera, to the film to the developer
that you use to develop the film to the enlager that you use etc.. there are so
many varibles that have to be considered to get that perfect exposure.
basically a very challenging process.

francis