[OM] Yellowstone!

Subject: [OM] Yellowstone!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:56:48 -0700
I just returned from my first spring vacation, ever, I think. I drove from
So. Calif. to visit the families of brothers who have relocated to Montana
and western Colorado in the past few years.

I enjoyed a return after many years to Zion and my first time visit to
Yellowstone National Park and the adjacent Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole
area.  Since most of my photo/travel has been in the Southwest, the lush
beauty of Montana was a revelation. Not as easy to make interesting
photographs, however.  INMHO, no one should die before seeing the Grand
Canyon of the Yellowstone. The Forest Service did a terrific job of
building a wonderfully sited viewing/photographing platform that allows
views up the canyon to the falls in the distance allowing you to experiment
with lens length.

Saw no OM equipment carried by anyone else on the trip - only Oly point and
shoot. Or let me put it this way. I saw OM equipment in the same numbers
that I saw Zeiss and Leica equipment. ;-)

Having been a confirmed single focal length kind of guy for years, I bought
a used Oly 35-70/3.6 before the trip. I have to admit that I enjoyed not
having to rummage in my bag and switch lenses every other frame. We will
see how the pictures look.

Because of some moisture in the air at the beginning of the trip I did my
first experimentation with a polarizing filter.  A trip for playing around.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx