[OM] Which Camera?

Subject: [OM] Which Camera?
From: sgfiles <sgfiles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:04:52 -0500
Would anyone happen to know which Olympus camera is best suited for
astrophotography?  I understand that this is a very generalized question, but
any suggestions would be appreciated.  Also, if available, a list of certain
Olympus models not suited for astrophotography would also be welcome.
Although I am extremely unknowledgeable about cameras, the main features I
think are needed for astrophotography are:

1.  Manual shutter release for long exposure.
2.  SLR (obviously).
3.  Manual focus.

If you know of an option that you believe a camera for astrophotography
should include please tell me so I can add it to my embarrassingly short list
of features.  Also, average (second hand) prices for these cameras would be
nice so that I don't get ripped off when I make a purchase.  I did see an
Olympus OM PC w/lens (don't know the size of the extra lens though) for
U.S.$149.99.  Is that a bad price or a bad camera?  *sigh*  I'm so damned
confused.

Jace
mailto:sgfiles@xxxxxxxxxx