Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:16:28 -0400
lee,

have just been monitoring the messages from the newsgroup. but this time you
have me confused. i have never bid on anything before so i don't know the
mechanics of this. first of all, what is the reserve amount and who
determines it? next, what is the function of the reserve amount?

R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

> In your message dated: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:36:51 PDT you write:
> >R. Lee Hawkins wrote:
> > The URL is listed below.

> >> Anybody have an idea what a reasonable price is for this item?
> >> Apparently the reserve is over $200....
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> --Lee
> >>
> >--
> >
> >How do you know it's over $200 ?
>
> Because, eBay lets you set a maximum bid.  As other people bid, your bid
> is automagically increased to outbid them, up to your max... AND, if
> your max bid equals or exceeds the reserve amount, your bid is increased
> to the reserve amount.

here i get confused again, how do you increase your bid if it exceeds the
reserve amount already?

>  I bid 150, then $200, and my bid was not
> increased to the reserve amount, thus my deduction that the reserve
> amount must be greater than my maximum bid, $200.

are we to assume that you put a bid on this one? good luck then, i h ope you
get it!!

> Cheers,
> --Lee (Sherlock Holmes) Hawkins

  francis