Re: [OM]New question OM-5 digital

Subject: Re: [OM]New question OM-5 digital
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 05:04:25 -0400
Kennedy wrote:

>Whilst I agree that EVENTUALLY the problems will be solved, they cannot
>be compared to each other technically.  I would not advise holding your
>breath until you see a 35mm full frame CCD back for under $1000.  If
you
>are really lucky, you might get to see something along those lines in
>10-20, perhaps more years.

Imagek's digital insert EFS-1 (info @ http://www.imagek.com) should be
released very soon, this summer I think, for a street price below
$1000. I've read some additional info in the "Automatisering Gids",
which is a Dutch magazine for IT professionals: the device won't work
with cameras that depend on auto-DX encoding, or cameras that stop when
they don't detect film transport. Ah! I feel so sorry for owners of
modern plastic AF cameras! But maybe they can buy a decent OM-10 or
something.

Hans