[OM]New question OM-5 digital

Subject: [OM]New question OM-5 digital
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:44:35 +0200
Another question,

there was recently an discusion about this new digital-film for every
camera. In this dicusion somebody claimed, that the equivalent
sensibility of todays CCDs is around 100-400 ASA and in order to raise
the sensitivity they had only the posibilty to make the CCD cells
biger.  The propblem is now, that makeing CCD arays biger, will increase
there price unproportional, because of the difficulty to produce big
flawless dies (this should be the name of the small silicone pieces).
If this is true, we will never see CCDs, which could compete with
classical silver halogen film.
Which leads me to another question: If read, that the theoretical
maximum sensitivity of film will be around ISO 819200/60°.
Can somebody (Kennedy?) confirm this?

OM content: The Olympus enginers were not to optimistic when they
designed the OM cameras ASA dial, eiter with the lifespan of the camera
bodys or with the abilitys of film producers.

Richard