Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 21:17:43 +1000
>If I want to be on "the safe side", should I sell my OM-10 and get another
more
>reliable OM? (Or just get another OM.)Is it worth let some one check my
camera
>every third (?) year instead of buy another camera?

No, I had an OM-10 for years, and it copped more carnage than by OM-1n has
got since. Rafting, caving, total filth. It got wet on one rafting trip and
the electronics played up a bit. When it dried, worked fine.

If you want to buy something that wont break down, you'll never buy
anything.

I went to OM-1n because I was using manual more than auto, wanted operation
without batteries, and total OM compatability.

Ironically, my batteries have never gone flat, I have a winder not a motor
drive, and the accessories haven't grown that much. So staying with the
OM-10 probably would have been identical (except for Antarctica).

Foxy