Re: [OM] Polariser PL-CIR

Subject: Re: [OM] Polariser PL-CIR
From: WKato <WKato@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:59:49 EDT
Although I haven't measured it, the ratio of horizontally to vertically
polarized light probably isn't very different from 50/50, say 40/60 or 60/40.
In landscape photography we would seldom find light polarized solely in one
orientation (the exception might be light reflecting off of water).  Your
exposure is off so little that you're not noticing it. In addition, there's
also the 50/50 chance that the polarized light that gets to your meter is of
the correct orientation.  Also, to deepen the blue in skies, the polarizer
works best 90 degrees from the location of the sun.  In this orientation, the
light you would be blocking out would be at 45 degrees from any metering
system.  So, turn your polarizer and watch you meter.  If there's a large
difference from one filter orientation to another, then bracket at lot.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx