[OM] Polariser PL-CIR

Subject: [OM] Polariser PL-CIR
From: Fabian Chow <fabianc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 07:12:49 +1000
I have an OM-4. At present, I am wondering whether I should continue using
my existing two Hoya "ordinary" Polarisers, or purchase the often
recommended "circular" one (PL-CIR). I believe (even though I can't seem to
find it in the manual) that the spot metering system that measures through
the reflex mirror is affected by the conventional polarised light from the
conventional polarisers. My multi-spotted exposures on slide film so far
has not brought out any major abnormalities when using the normal
polarisers. Am I missing something out here? Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Fabian.